....sometimes there is no next time, no time outs, no second chance. Sometimes, it's now or never ~Unknown

Thursday, November 11, 2010

.....hoofbeats in heaven!



Somewhere...somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some Paradise where horses go.
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.

Stanley Harrison


Today my precious horses went to heaven. My heart is aching, but it had to be done....I knew it had to be done and I thank my sister-in-law with all my heart for having the strength to be there with them at the time.

I will embrace my precious memories and I know that I will ultimately, find peace in truly knowing that my horses live on as long as I carry them in my heart.

No matter what our individual idea of heaven may be, I know that my horses' spirit will never die. Every time I listen to my heart - there it will be - that sound that keeps my horses close and can bring peace to my soul - that glorious sound of hoofbeats in heaven!!

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment