....sometimes there is no next time, no time outs, no second chance. Sometimes, it's now or never ~Unknown

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

.....music is what feelings sound like!


...aaah yes indeed, music IS what feelings sound like!

I was given the honour.....yes it was an honour, to choose three songs for a memorial service for a loved one next week. I had to listen through someone else's ears to find just the right three songs that would express exactly how my friend was feeling about the tragic loss of his wife.

The task was accepted by me because I knew that he did not have the time, energy or emotional strength to face this challenge....and I was so glad that I could help in this small way.

I spent hours and hours on the internet searching, listening, relistening and listening again to the tunes and words to make sure that none of them were offensive or derogatory in any way and that the songs spoke the message he wished to share.

After compiling a list of 10 songs, I then had to buy, download and search music stores for clear originals.....what a mission!

Last night I presented the songs to him to listen to and choose. So he disappeared into his private space....just him and the music.

A good while later he emerged to inform me that he no longer wanted three songs......I held my breath thinking that I had failed in my mission. No, he was going to change the service to accomodate them all!

"You see," he said, "every one of those songs you chose, exactly expressed my feelings!"

"Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Rest in peace!

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment