....sometimes there is no next time, no time outs, no second chance. Sometimes, it's now or never ~Unknown

Saturday, August 14, 2010

.....I heard the owl call her name!



....my friend made this for me. My friend Jowilna cared enough for me to make this beautiful card and post it on her blog for me....

.....you see, my longed for quiet weekend in the bush ended suddenly and sadly when my Mom passed away peacefully on Sunday evening. I wasn't there....I wasn't there, instead I was a thousand miles away sitting around a huge hardekool fire with friends, watching the flames spring high into the air....watching the sparks shoot heavenward, looking up at the stars and waiting for the moon to rise and listening to the haunting sound of the scops owl calling and calling close by.
I knew my Mom was preparing to leave, preparing to go to place where the rest and peace she deserved awaited....and when it happened, I actually knew it had happened.... the fire warmed me, my friends comforted me and the tears I shed were both of pain and joy.

Rest in peace sweet, sweet Mom

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment