....sometimes there is no next time, no time outs, no second chance. Sometimes, it's now or never ~Unknown

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

...the moon



....I am seriously in love with the moon....to be more specific, the full moon. It was full moon two nights ago and although it wasn't up when I went to bed....it was there true and steadfast, shining through my window when I woke up in the early hours of the morning!

I use full moons to count down to the annual visit of an exceptional friend and very, very special person in my life....and amazingly ....next full moon he will be here!! My heart leaps with joy at the thought. I never let a month go by without reminding him that it is full moon. It's just my special thing!

Probably the most beautiful full moons that I have experienced have been in the African bush. Often I would spend time alone at my beautiful lodge on top of a hill and I would then drag a mattress outdoors and lie on my back staring at the moon whilst listening to the incredible night sounds surrounding me. If I fell asleep there...all the better! That was my solace at an extremely difficult time in my life. If I felt betrayed and hurt...I knew the moon would always be there, full and bright, like a loyal friend, once a month and would never let me down.

What simple things in life bring you comfort and joy?

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment